Sunday, January 6, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm

So after saying goodbye to Melanie in Vienna (she took a plane back to Strasbourg and should be flying back home in a few days) I stayed by myself in Vienna for one more night. Went to check out a really nifty exibit at the museum of technology and industry called "Kings of Chrome" which was a showcase of rare classic cars. A few Alfas, some Mercades, some Bugattis. It was pretty impressive. Then I had one more night in the hostel and woke up at 5am the next morning to check out and catch a bus to Munich which I almost missed because it took longer to get to the bus station on the metro than I expected it to. But all turned out well. After a long bus ride, I arrived in Munich, hopped a metro (U-bahn) to the Studentenstadt station where I was surprised to be met by my friends from home, Mary, Dakota and Alice. They are all studying abroad here for the year. So for the next few days, I'm staying with Mary and having a great time relaxing with friends before I head to Spain. Last night I went out with Dakota, Alice and some friends and had a great time. Today Mary's going to show me around the city, and tomorrow I'm tagging along to some classes. It's a nice respite from the chaos of travel and it's great to see my friends. Before I know it, this segment of my life will be over and I'll be in Madrid living with a host family. At this point I'm definately both really excited and a bit terrified. But for now, all is calm.

No comments: