Friday, September 21, 2007

Essay Gridlock

I know that I've usually been posting pretty detailed descriptions of my week on Sunday afternoons, which I'd like to keep up as much as possible, but this week's post might be a few days late. We have our first big essay for our Art and Archeology class due this Monday, so every free hour is devoted to research. My topic is how much the burial practices and narrative art of the geometric period reflect the Homeric epics, pretty nifty stuff. And then I have a Greek test on Tuesday, finals for our two classes are both next Friday and then we're leaving for our month on the Isle of Lesvos. So there's a lot of stuff going on right now, and I'll try to keep this as updated as possible, but I'm not sure how often that will be in the coming weeks.

Notable events of last week include going to the Acropolis twice, the Islamic Art Museum and giving presentations on Greek vases. More detail later. For now, it's essay writing time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.